Friday, January 22, 2010

Prom

(Fade in TGIS theme: Growing up...)
When I was in highschool, attending prom was one of the ultimate happenings that an ordinary kid like me couldnt miss. But I guess i wasn’t that ordinary. Because although i did not miss the prom itself, i missed dancing with someone.


Of course i wished my crush would approach me and ask me to dance. But I was just there, a wall flower, while the pretty girls had boys lined up for a chance to dance with them. In short i was a loser.

(I was a teenage dirtbag baby!)
I was wondering what was wrong with me? Wasn’t I pretty? Wasnt i cool? (I was a teenage dirtbag baby)

(Popopokerface popopoker face....)
Several years later, when I was mature enough, I found myself in a sort of prom again. It was a company Christmas party. And there were lots of dancing. I got a little bit drunk so i was having really a good time on the dance floor. But suddenly the DJ segued to slow music.

(This is my last chance...)
The party people suddenly on their seats. Few couples had the courage to stay on the dancefloor, to express some romance. Ok so it was like high school again. Same old feeling of wanting to dance with somebody but no one just asks me. Or so i thot. Because moments later someone would take courage to ask me to dance. I thought, he’s do anything like that. But he did. He walked towards me and asked if i wanted to dance. I just smiled and held his hand.

(eheads: ang Huling el bimbo...)
But i think I got too nervous and left my brain on my seat. Because that very sweet moment just fluttered away. We danced foolishly and wasted the time. I don’t know. Part of me couldnt believe that i was close to him. I wish I held him closer. I wish I put my arms around him as we danced, however foolishly. I wish wasn’t that defensive. I wish i let my self get carried away. I wish I took that chance to talk about us. I wish I kissed him. But I had let go the chance to do all that. I was too afraid to admit that I was already in-love. If only...(fade in aqua song, if only i could turn back time. Fade out.)

No comments: