Thursday, April 15, 2010

Real life Defense

I just passed the defense of my group's final paper in Advertising. We did quite well and we're probably getting a good grade. I remember being so stressed by the late night researches and writing of the paper and presentation. I thought that was the culmination of the term. I am now working on the company's ads. i thought this is going to be just a breeze, since i feel like I've had been doing this for quite some time and I've known my brand well. But today i just learned that the application i submitted to ad standards council (asc) for our TV ads was turned down. And now Im staying late at work despite a headache preparing for tomorrow's defense and praying that the screener approves it. Because at stake here is not grade but the materialization of the TVC and the whole ad campaign. At stake here is not my performance in my marketing class but the marketing performance of the company.

My professor in advertising and marketing strategy would say, make all the mistakes here in class, but don't make mistakes in real life with your boss.

I guess i did just the opposite. I made it well in school but failed in real life. Now i know that not everything is learned in class. sometimes things are better learned the harder way.

No comments: