Monday, July 26, 2010

A good homemaker

A few days ago, my officemate, Maan saw me brushing and using a cup for gargling water. She remarked: Twin, (hehe), sa tingin ko magiging mabuting maybahay ka balang araw.

I responded with a burst of laughter, thinking: Ako? Mabuting maybahay?

But I am glad that someone like Maan, saw that potential in me. I have always wanted to be a good homemaker like my mother: practical, organized, wise. But when I was little, my mother always said: napaka burara mo talaga. Ikaw ang babae ikaw ang bulagsak. Buti pa ang kuya nyo (she would pertain to my eldest brother Kuya Jeffrey) kalalaking tao, masinop sa buhay, maayos.

From then on, in my own little ways, I have always wanted to prove to my mother that I can change. That I can be like her and my Kuya Jeff.

And to this day, being organized is still quite a challenge for me. It is difficult to be organized when you have a lot of things to do and to think about. But I know that even if I have not become exactly like my mother or my brother, I am maintaining my life well in my own way.

If they would only see my boarding house room now, they would be proud of me. Their bunso makes her own hearty breakfast daily, washes her clothes, conserves water, segregates trash, and maintains a generally clean and organized room. And she does this independently while working and studying at the same time. I admit I am not perfect. Sometimes creepy things grow in my trash becauseI can become lazy and forgetful . I can be a compulsive shopper, overspend and overuse my credit card many times. But at the end of the day, I try to remember my goals in life. Yes, to be a good homemaker, a good citizen, so that I can raise my family well, like my mother did to us. So that I can help improve the life of this country.

It may be a long way to go, but I am tryong to improve in every way I can. And I know am getting there someday. For now I am gonna continue managing my bills well, trying my best to be practical in buying food and household needs, saving, creating other sources of income, maintaining a clean room, working and studying well. And I’m enjoying doing all these even if sometime things would go out of control.

Recently, my all around rice cooker malfunctioned. Instead of buying a new one, I had it fixed, and fortunately for free. Maan said again, Twin, magiging mabuting maybahay ka talaga.

Thank you, friend, may that come true, someday and everyday.

No comments: